Discover how a natural treatment for depression can help you
Have you ever considered a natural treatment for depression ? Depression often runs in families. This may be from heredity, learned behavior, or both. Even with a genetic predisposition, it is usually a stressful or unhappy life event that triggers the onset of a depressive episode.
Would you seriously like to slow down the ageing process... whilst at the
same time enjoying vibrant health? Take this 10 minute tour to learn more.
Deluxe Drinking Water and Shower Water Filtration Systems, a necessary combination for a healthy
lifestyle. Learn more.
From the time you are born 'environmental pollutants' are continually
entering your body. They damage your organs and glands and thus cause them to produce less of
the key chemical agents and nutrients that are necessary to nourish your cell
nucleus. Find out how you can repair this damage by
Enhancement for Male and Female. A program to boost confidence, vitality and libido.
Depression may be brought on by:
- Disappointment at home, work, or school (in teens, this may be breaking up with a boyfriend or girlfriend, failing a
class, or parents divorcing)
- Death of a friend or relative
- Prolonged pain or having a major illness
- Medical conditions such as hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid), cancer, or hepatitis
- Drugs such as sedatives and high blood pressure medications
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Chronic stress
- Childhood events like abuse or neglect
- Social isolation (common in the elderly)
- Nutritional deficiencies (such as folate and omega-3 fatty acids)
- Sleeping problems
If you are depressed for 2 weeks or longer, you should contact your doctor, who can offer treatment options. Regardless of
whether you have mild or major depression, the following natural treatment for depression can help:
- Get enough sleep.
- Follow a healthy, nutritious diet.
- Exercise regularly.
- Avoid alcohol, marijuana, and other recreational drugs.
- Get involved in activities that make you happy, even if you don't feel like it.
- Spend time with family and friends.
- Try talking to clergy or spiritual advisors who may help give meaning to painful experiences.
- Consider prayer, meditation, tai chi, or biofeedback as ways to relax or draw on your inner strengths.
- Add omega-3 fatty acids to your diet, which you can get from cold-water fish like tuna, salmon, or mackerel.
- Take folate (vitamin B9) in the form of a multivitamin (400 to 800 micrograms).
- If your depression occurs in the fall or winter months, try light therapy using a special lamp that mimics the sun.
Although adding vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids to your diet is an effective natural treatment for depression it may be
difficult to do due to taste, lifestyle and discipline constraints. Fortunately, health supplements are an excellent
alternative and should be considered.
Our personal suggestion for a high quality and effective supplement as a natural treatment for depression.
Health Longevity Magazine.com
Please read the Usage Agreement carefully before using this website. If you do not agree
to all provisions found in the Usage Agreement then do not use this website. By using this website you are agreeing to the
provisions found in the Usage Agreement.