Proper cleansing skin care
Our skin is our largest vital organ covering us from head to toe. Appropriate cleansing skin care is important for
our overall well-being. Remember that clean skin is happy skin.
Your skin is constantly protecting you. Your skin keeps infections out of your body and keeps you from getting sick.
When you take care of your skin, you're helping your skin do its job. And taking care of your skin today will help
prevent future problems, like wrinkles and even skin cancer.
Proper hygiene is a very important for health. For sure, you do not want to smell sweaty and yucky that the whole
world is avoiding you. I mean, who would?
Proper hygiene should be a daily part of our lives. Poor hygiene often reflects poor health. Here are simple tips on
appropriate cleansing skin care.
- Start simple. You do not need expensive products to care for your skin. Often, gentle cleansers or soaps are
sufficient to cleanse our skin regularly.
- Start early. You cannot be too young to start minding your skin, but you can be too old and too late. Start
pampering and protecting your skin so it can stay fresh as you age.
- Use mild soap cleansers. Harsh cleansers contain chemicals that can dissolve your skin’s natural protein and oil.
Cleansing skin care products should be as chemical-free as possible. Deodorant soaps shouldn't be used on your face.
They cleanse with harsh ingredients and leave a detergent film behind. This may irritate your skin and will clog your
pores. Go natural.
- Use lukewarm water. Water that is too hot can dehydrate your skin, making it more prone to damage. Too hot can
scald or even burn your skin. Too cold water can actually dry your skin.
- Be gentle. Be careful not to damage or tear your skin. Exfoliating it will actually help remove dead skin cells
but go easy so it will not hurt you.
- Tone it. Toning helps keep the skin clear and firm. Toners with alpha hydroxy acids and glycolic work best.
Avoid cleansing skin care products containing alcohol and that are photosensitive.
- Moisturize it. Moisturizers help prevent water loss by either drawing moisture to the outer layer of the skin, or
coating the skin's surface with a layer of substance, sealing moisture into the skin. For an intensive moisture treatment
use pure vitamin E, or aloe vera oil. It is available in liquid form, or just break open a capsule and apply the oil
directly to the skin. This is a great under eye treatment. Remember it is very important to moisturize this sensitive
area of the face. It is one of the first places to show age because the under eye skin secretes no necessary oils on its